Recently I have acquired a BlackBerry (BB) curve from Verizon and an iPhone from AT&T. Before both I had a Samsung BlackJack II with Windows Mobile.
- anything is better than Windows Mobile. One word to summarize - Reboot.
- avoid getting it. Period!
- BB is best for productivity. Smart.
- typing is super fast
- comes with preloaded utilities that are super useful - notes, tasks, password keeper...
- Wi-Fi setup - super easy and fast. I come home and before I even open the door it's on my network. I come to work - it's on work's network.
- integrates with Outlook very easily with tons of advanced options
- iPhone is best for entertainment. Fun.
- cool interface
- typing is not fast...
- comes with weather, maps, iPod (LOVE), compass, photos.
- all other apps you have to get
- I don't like how the app store is organized on iTunes.
But if I had to choose, I would still go with BlackBerry (BB). It is SO SMART! Just the other day my friend texted (is texting a word? it always comes up misspelled. Any suggestions?) me her new address and the BB automatically recognized that there was an address in the text, it underlined it and when I hover over it the menu lets me display it on the map. How nice is that? I don't have to copy paste and open maps.
Which brings me to ... the current iPhone can only run one app at a time. So the above scenario would not happen on my iPhone. But other things happen. Such as reading news - love NY Times. By the way, if you know me, I never watch TV or read news. Thus reading news on the phone is very good, at least I'm in the loop more about oil leaks and what's happening in the big apple. It is so easy to browse. Basically anything social and entertaining is super easy. Love that part.
Bottom line - I would be very sad to loose BB or iPhone. But keeping both is $$$. If I were paying for both that is. Hmmm....let's keep both for now. I've only had BB for 2 months and iPhone for a week.